Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

When a jelly roll race quilt doesn't finish the race

When the jelly roll race quilt doesn't work, cut it apart and make TWO quilts.  These are the twin quilts I'm sending to QBB tomorrow. Just finished the labels this weekend.


I wanted to do something a little different when I finished the jelly roll race top (a good example is the orange, pink & black quilt at the top of my blog). see? ah, very nice. BTW a jelly roll is a roll of 2 1/2" strips from a single fabric collection so they all play well together.

 
This time I cut it in 4 big pieces and flipped them to make a giant pinwheel. Well, it looked more like a giant swastika, NOT the look I was going for. My lqs (local quilt store) quiltbaskettucson.com had the cute panels on sell from the Flirt fabric line that went with the jelly roll. So I ripped the 4 pieces apart and designed 2 different quilts. Can you find parts of the jelly roll in each quilt? Can you find the machine embroidery I added to each top? And yes, I'm having way too much fun with machine embroidery too - more on that story later. Also "how did you quilt that?" at a later date too.

No comments:

Post a Comment