Translate

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Quick Little Bag

I got this kit for a trick or treat bag at the Quilt, Craft, Sewing Show last month and finished making it this weekend.

It has pieces of metal ruler in the front and back orange part so the bag stays shut. I'll make some more of these, but I'll change a few things: I'd make them a bit bigger and the stacked prairie points bigger too. It would be fun to do some white ghosts or something on the black straps. Ooh, a button or embroidery on the purple points would be fun too.

You can't see it, but I did free motion quilting on the black part. For me, it's sooooo much easier to quilt on the longarm than my DSM. I have the hardest time getting the tension right - extreme pokies on the back. I finally got the extra bobbin case, loosened it 3/4 of a turn and cranked the top tension to 6. The bobbin thread still just lays on the bottom fabric but at least most of the pokies are gone.

This is a good size for my youngest grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment