Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wifi problems; now I'm late - but cool machine embroidery

Bah, my wifi was down last night so I couldn't do a new posting. It kept saying, "Your internet is unstable" - what does that mean???

Anywhooo, let's take a break from longarm quilting an talk about machine embroidery.

Isn't this darling?!!

Machine Embroidery Applique

I love machine embroidery; it's like magic!  I bought some lounge pants and matching jacket for my MIL and fancied them up.

Before :(
and.......
Much better ;)
I was afraid to embroidery right on the jacket so did it on lightweight duck cloth and attached the circle medallions to the front of the jacket. I added bias chenille trim that I got at our local quilt show.



Then I got brave and hooped the jacket to do the design on the back. It worked perfectly!

If I'm remembering correctly, the 2 front designs are from Embroidery Library at emblibrary.com. I love their website; they have tons of great tutorials, projects and ideas! The super cute design on the back is from The Anita Goodesign collection called Home Tweet Home anitagoodesignonline.com. When I traded up for my new embroidery machine, I got a free year of the Anita Goodesign monthly club - like Christmas every month!

Maybe next time I should talk about my experience with 2 different brands of embroidery machine - a product review.  Would that be interesting or helpful?

Hm, I really do need to do some more machine embroidery applique - too cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment