Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Quilt on the Longarm

I find it hard to practice on muslin. I have no real direction and it's so different than quilting on an actual quilt top. So after a few muslin practice runs when I first got my longarm quilting machine, I quilted this really cute panel:

I call it "Is there something to do?" cause at the time my granddaughter was only 3 and that's what she would say whenever she came over. LOL.

Here's a closeup of some of the quilting:

I did wavy lines in the picture area, some very sad hooks in the frame around the picture and a triangle shape in the sashing. Wow, that's some wonky, jaggedy quilting. But I'm still proud of it. For a baby quilt, it's cute and the texture of the quilting is nice when you don't look too close.  :)  That's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment