Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sneak Peek

I promised a sneak peek at the 2 quilts I'm working on for QBB, quiltsbeyondborders.wordpress.com to take the place of the twin quilts that they're auctioning at the Houston Quilt Festival.

I'm a sucker for Halloween fabrics and have quite a few focal fabrics. So what if I do long wide strips of all the accents with some eye-popping color combination skinny strips between them... ah ha!


This one's ready to go on the longarm and get quilted.

For number 2, I discovered Marianne Haak's blog: thequiltingedge.com  Her work is fantastic and she uses a technique of doing quilt as you go. She mentions Sharon Pederson's book More Reversible Quilts so I got the book and #2 is my experiment with quilt as you go in Halloween fabrics.

The purple with the green dots will be the sashing between the blocks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment